We share you what to consider before traveling to this city; from weather, money exchange, medical services, And much more! For you to have a perfect vacation.
- Language: Spanish and English. There are some places in the downtown area that speak a little French.
- Weather: Tropical-humid all year. Puerto Vallarta temperature is from 14C to 34C. Consider to use sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, comfortable clothes and stay hydrated. Summer days are very sunny with occasional rain; while the winter days are cooler, especially by night. Spring and autumn offer moderate temperatures. Rainy season is from June to September.
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN) and American Dollar (USD). When paying with US dollars keep in mind that many business don’t take large bills, and that your change will be in MXN. The euros and other international currencies must be exchanged for MXN or USD. You can find exchange business in the main tourist areas. Main credit and debit cards are welcome in the city.
- Attractions. In the main city: The Malecon, Naval Museum, municipal plaza, church of Guadalupe, Isla Cuale, municipal market, romantic zone, pier, Marina Vallarta, shopping centers and much more. Outside the city: Southern coast area, Mismaloya town, Vallarta botanical gardens, Mascota and San Sebastián del Oeste.
- Transportation: Public buses, yellow taxis and Uber.
- Electricity: 100 volts; plugs B type (2 rectangular peaks and 1 semi-circular). You can use A type without problem (2 rectangular peaks).
- Tipping: While tipping is not mandatory, it is customary to leave a tip at the end of a service. It’s about 10% -15% of the total bill.
- Time zone: Central UTC-6, and the clock is changed twice a year; summer schedule begins in early April and remains until early October, when it is changed to winter schedule.
- Medical services: There is a Mexican Red Cross, 3 clinics of the Mexican Institute of Social Security (IMSS) and dozens of private clinics along the city. The cost of medical care change from hospital to hospital. However, the IMSS gives free medical attention for its affiliated people. International visitors can affiliate to the IMSS, check this article to know more about it.
- International admission: It is vital to present an official passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of arrival in Mexico.
- Facilities: You’ll find wheelchair facilities in downtown area and shopping centers.
- Business schedule: Usually from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m
Follow us at our social media to catch out information like this and much more about Friendly Vallarta: